Boost immune system quickly
Do we get sick because our immune system is weak? What causes a weakened immune system?
What is immune system and how does it work?
The immune system is a complex system in the body. Made up of proteins, tissues, special cells, and even organs, it’s designed to defend against germs and microorganisms. In many cases, the immune system does a great job, but it can be affected and weakened.
Although the immune system won’t protect against every illness even when working well, you are more likely to get sick if you have a weak immune system. People who frequently get respiratory, sinus, and ear infections may have a poor immune system.
Digestive problems and other internal infections can also be signs of a weakened system.
Many people who get sick on a frequent basis may want to know what causes a weakened immune system.
There is not one reason but there are a few common risks associated:
- * Aging- as you age, your immune system isn’t as robust
- * Lack of sleep- inadequate sleep may weaken your immune system
- * Stress and inflammation- high levels limit your immune system function
- * Poor diet- Having a diet deficient in essential nutrients is a risk factor
- * Immune-related disorders and diseases- chronic health conditions, HIV, and other disorders can weaken your immunity
How do you check your immune system?
There isn’t one single test that can diagnose a weakened immune system. However, if you find yourself becoming sick on a regular basis, then this may be a symptom. If you’re always dragging or getting sick more often than family or friends, you probably don’t have a robust immune system.
Healthy ways to strengthen your immune system.
Keep in mind that the immune system is amazingly complex so there isn’t one quick fix that will keep you from getting sick. In fact, boosting your immune system can take some time and effort. However, there are a few ways to give your system a fighting chance.
1. Avoid Smoking
Smoking weakens your body’s natural defenses so avoid smoking or try to quit if you already smoke.
2. Eat a Diet Rich in Fruits and Vegetables
Most people aren’t getting five servings a day of fruits and vegetables. The vitamins and minerals in these foods are essential for normal immune function so try to get a varied diet with five servings daily.
3. Exercise Regularly
Try to exercise 30 minutes a day most days of the week. Light jogging, walking, and even housework can all contribute to physical activity and also stimulate good immune function.
4. Achieve or Maintain a Healthy Weight
Excess weight can contribute to inflammation so try to maintain a healthy weight or even lost excess weight if needed.
5. Drink in Moderation
Although drinking a glass of alcohol is usually fine, excessive amounts can weaken your immune system. Limit your intake to one serving a day for women and two servings for men.
6. Get Adequate Sleep
Try to get 7-8 hours of sleep on a regular basis. If you can’t get this every night, it’s still going to be beneficial to sleep in on your days off if you can.
7. Promote Stress Reduction
Having a high stress job or lifestyle may also be harming your immune system. Work on ways to decrease stress or ways to manage your own stress levels and reactions.
8. Promote Germ-Fighting Habits
Washing your hands on a regular basis is one of the best ways to prevent infection. Carry hand sanitizer if needed and try to keep up with good hand hygiene to limit your exposure to bacteria.
Which foods boost your immune system?
Foods and the Immune System Finding specific foods to boost your immune system can be challenging since it is a complex system. Many people are deficient in Vitamin D and Zinc which promote good immune function. Testing for these deficiencies and treating as needed is a good way to boost your system.
Furthermore, the best way to avoid a deficiency through diet is to eat five servings a day of fruits and vegetables. Vary your intake as most contain a variety of essential nutrients. If you have to follow a limited diet, consider taking a multivitamin a few times a week.
What vitamins can you take to boost your immune system? Do vitamins and supplements help? What about 1000 Emergen C packets?
One common question-related diet vitamins and the immune system is the Emergen C packets that contain 1000 mg of vitamin C and often zinc. Taking one or two doses during an illness may provide some benefits.
However, since this amount of vitamin C is 1667% of your daily recommended value, it’s not a good idea to take it for more than a few days.
How to increase your immunity at home? Home Remedies?
Home Remedies for Immunity
Not all home remedies provide huge benefits but they can contribute to immunity.
Consider adding these simple foods or supplements to provide a simple boost:
* Echinacea for colds. A review of more than a dozen studies, published in 2014, found the herbal remedy had a very slight benefit in preventing colds and flu.
* Ginger for GI upset. We need to take care of our digestive system, because our digestive system is responsible for our overall health. In fact, healthy immune system depends on healthiness of the digestive tract. In human’s body, everything is connected.
* Garlic and Onion for general immunity. Garlic fights toxins and also can improve your blood circulation. Onion is full of vitamin C, that is essential for our immune system. Both garlic and onion are easy to find in any local grocery store. Consuming more garlic and raw onion with your food will boost your immune system.
* Tumeric for inflammation and immune system. Turmeric is high on antioxidants that neutralize free radicals. Just add some turmeric to your meals regularly, this will help your immunity.
* Raw honey for respiratory infections. If you consume one glass of warm water with a table spoon of unfiltered raw honey, with a drop of lemon juice every morning, you will increasingly increase your immunity.
* Probiotics for GI problems. Probiotics can help to boost the immune system and also ward off inflammatory responses in the gut. A recent New Zealand study conducted with professional rugby players showed probiotics enhanced the player’s ability to ward off and fight colds.
The immune system is amazingly complex but these ideas and tips may help to strengthen your immunity. Consider how you can contribute to healthy immunity on a daily basis.
Recommended Article: Best Healthy Habits to Have