We all get tired of all those pesky dark circles under eyes, which make us look older and more tired. Even though there are many products on the market which promise to help you get rid of dark circles, they can be really overpriced. In addition they maybe helpless if the reason of forming dark circles is more serious than just lack of sleep.
First, let’s find out what are the causes of dark circles under eyes and then we will list some 100% natural dark circles remedies which can be used at home.
Causes of Dark Circles Under Eyes
Dark circles affect a lot of people, both men and women. Many people may be surprised that the causes of dark circles are not only limited to lack of sleep, fatigue or oversleeping. As we age we lose the fat and collagen under our lower eyelid, which maintain skin elasticity. As a result skin under eyes becomes thinner thus dark vessels become more visible, in addition we get wrinkles around our eyes. This makes natural aging the most common cause of dark circles under eyes. Other possible causes may include:
- Fluid Retention
- Allergic Reaction
- Nasal Congestion
- Sun Exposure which can cause skin pigmentation irregularities
- Emotional and Physical Stress
Dark circles aren’t usually a cause for great concern unless you’re experiencing other sudden health changes as well. However if you still consider these possible causes and you’re still concerned about it, then we will share with you natural remedies to get rid of these dark circles.
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes
Below, we will share with you three easy DIY remedies you can use at home to help get rid of dark circles under your eyes. If you have no allergy for any ingredient, use these remedies daily for at least one week and you will see the results.
DIY 1: A Mixture of Coffee Eye mask
- Aloe Vera Gel: It helps nourish and tighten the skin.
- Vitamin E Capsules: They will also help nourish and protect the skin under eyes.
- Organic Coffee Grounds: Caffeine in the coffee has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, so it is essential in reducing the puffiness under the eyes.
- Pour a single tablespoon of each of the ingredients above and mix them together.
- Dip a cotton pad into the mixture and apply it underneath your eyes. Make sure pads don’t get into your eyes.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and you will feel it tightening.
- After the 20 minutes, gently rinse it off to see your result.
DIY 2: Dark Circles Lightening Eye Mask
- Orange: The vitamin C and bleaching properties present in orange help to get rid of the dark circles.
- Milk: It contains proteins, lactic and amino acids, and enzymes which reduce the fluffiness and make your skin smooth and soft.
- Pour one and a half tablespoons of cold milk into a bowl.
- Transversely cut your orange into two equal portions and squeeze out the juice from the orange into the bowl containing the milk and mix.
- Cut your cotton pad into two equal sizes (this will help you to apply the eye mask very easily under your eyes) and soak the cotton pad in the mixture.
- Gently place the soaked cotton pad underneath your eyelids, and wait for 15 minutes.
- Gently wipe them off with water.
DIY 3: Lemon and Tomato Juice Eye Mask
- Tomato Juice: Tomatoes are amazing for brightening your skin. It has natural bleaching properties and also anti-oxidant properties which help to minimize dark pigments. Tomatoes also hydrate the skin.
- Lemon Juice: It is a natural skin lightening agent.
- Pour two tablespoons of both lemon and tomato juice and mix them together.
- Soak your cotton pads in the mixture and gently place them under your eyes.
- Leave the cotton pads on for a period of 15 minutes and gently wipe them off with water.
Using any of the three above methods is a great and affordable way to get rid of dark circles naturally within a short period of time.