One of the most effective ways to lose weight are considered high-intensity interval training. This fitness method formed the basis of most workouts, including home. The famous Insanity program is a prime example of high-quality, HIIT training.
What is HIIT?
High-intensity interval training or HIIT training (High-intensity interval interval training) is a training method in which periods of high and low intensity alternate. For example, you run a sprint for 30 seconds at the maximum limit, and then recover within 60 seconds, reducing the pace of running to moderate.
And then again return to the speed pace. This method of training is appropriate for both in strength and aerobic training. Moreover, the period of intense load may be longer, than the rest period.
HIIT training compares favorably with standard training at the same pace. First, you burn more calories at the expense of higher heart rate. Secondly, your body spends extra energy to complete powerful surges of activity. High-intensity interval training is several times more effective than regular exercises . In 20 minutes of HIIT training, you can burn about as many calories as in 1 hour of regular aerobic exercise.
Most modern video programs use high-intensity interval training. That is why they promise fast and high-quality results . Even half an hour a day is usually enough, which will significantly improve your form in 2-3 months. But it is important to understand that only physically fit people can withstand such training. Therefore, if you are just starting to engage in, you should not immediately take up the HIIT-program.
What are the outcomes of HIIT training?
- During high-intensity interval training, several times more calories are burned, than during normal cardio workouts. This is due to the high heart rate and the greater cost of energy.
- Thanks to HIIT you will burn fat with a minimum risk of losing muscle . Unlike conventional aerobic exercise.
- In addition, you will burn calories within 24-48 hours after the end of the workout. The effectiveness of classes increases significantly.
- Such training helps develop endurance , since you are not working in a comfortable mode, but at the limit of your abilities.
- Most newcomers give up the load because of routine and monotony. Interval training is never boring and monotonous.
- The body is more difficult to adapt to such activities. Regular cardio training after 4-5 sessions no longer has the same effectiveness. With HIIT, you can avoid falling results.
- You will need less time to get the most out of class. For example, in the program Insanity Max 30. Even half an hour is enough to achieve the goal.
- Thanks to high-intensity interval training, you improve your metabolism, reduce the risk of plateau and stagnation in results.
- This kind of load can be applied absolutely to any activity: running, jumping, exercises on an ellipsoid, stepper, exercise bike. The main thing is to monitor heart rate.
- HIIT increases your insulin sensitivity . This will allow more efficient use of carbohydrates as an energy source instead of directing them to adipose tissue.
Now, try this amazing HIIT training with us! You’ll need pair of dumbbells and a ball.
Gorilla burpee (30 sec)
Start with doing a lunge. Move forward your right leg, while left one is behind. Bend your knees, so that they almost touch the floor. Do the same with left leg moving forward. Next movement is squat. Keep your hands together close to your chin. Legs are shoulder-width apart, bend your knees. Thighs must be parallel to the floor.
Then, straighten up and do one burpee. For burpees lay on the floor face down, legs are shoulder-width apart. Hands bent at elbows. After, stand up and jump, raising your hands above your head. These all movements are one repetition for gorilla burpee.
Break 1 minute
Sprawl frog kick (30 seconds)
First, put your palms on the floor. Bend your knees and put your legs wider than shoulder- width. Push your feet off the floor, so that your knees reach the outer part of your armpits. Then, put your feet back on. While doing these, your arms and body leave motionless. Next, you straighten up.
MB Bear crawl hold (30 seconds )
First, put your palms and socks on the floor. Bend your knees, so that your knees are down your hips. But your knees must not touch the floor. However, you should try to lower them as much as possible. For making this exercise more difficult, use a ball. Hold the ball in front of you, instead of leaning on the floor with palms.
Break 1 minute
Bicep curl+ high pull(90 seconds )
Start with bisep curl. Take your dumbbells, so that your palm look outside. Raise the dumbbells, by bending your elbows. Dumbbells must be at the level of the bar. Then, turn your arms so that your palms look inside. Raise the dumbbells, bending your elbows. Dumbbells must be at the level of your shoulders, elbows raising up. That is one rep. Each time you will do the next rep, you need to do one more bicep curl and high pull.
As you can see, to engage in high-intensity interval training is much more effective for losing weight. In less time you will get better results . Practice your HITT based programs and improve your body.
Recommended article: Circuit workout- why is it perfect for beginners practising cardio