Juice detox, juice diet or juicing is a fashionable way to lose weight quickly. We found out how to lose weight with the help of fresh juices and whether it is possible to do it without harm for your health.
What is juicing?
Today, the juice diet for weight loss has a lot of followers and violent opponents. The first lose weight and show their love to this type of diet, the second state that it causes health problems. However, we looked at the both opinions and tried to figure out the question.
Blake Lively, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, Salma Hayek, Jennifer Aniston follow this type of diet, drinking detox mixes from fresh cucumbers, spinach, carrots and ginger. Actually, you can lose weight using following method, because juices are low-calories, easily digested and do not contain fat. Moreover, if fruits and vegetables are seasonal you will get a powerful charge of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
How does the perfect juice diet look like?
Yes, it sounds great. However, by the end of the first day, there is a risk of feeling hunger, so it will be impossible not to fail. In order to complete a full course of juice diet successfully (which is usually 3-7 days) it is important to follow some rules, thus you will not give the body a reason for additional stress.
- Start your day with warm water and lemon juice. During the day, do not forget about herbal teas, warm water with lemon or ginger. They will not only fill the stomach, but will also detox your body.
- As it was mentioned juices are digested faster than a full breakfast or lunch, so be prepared to increase the number of meals per day. It is better to drink a bottle of juice at least 6 times a day with intervals of 2 hours. Remember: do not keep juice out of the refrigerator for more than 8 hours!
- In the morning our body is ready to digest the maximum amount of healthy foods, so green smoothies are the most preferable for breakfast, because they contain more healthy elements than others
- You are not allowed to eat during the juice diet. However, cucumber, for example, consists of water. So, you can eat a couple of these vegetables during the day – they do not destroy the regime, but your organism will consider it as a food intake
- It is very important to get out of detox gradually. Add vegetables and apples to the first day. On the second day you can cooks cereal dishes and eat nuts as a snack. On the third day, the body will be ready to consume the usual food (of course,not cupcakes and croissants)
What is the danger?
Couple years ago, doctors declared an epidemic of “jusorexia” (from the words “juice” and “anorexia”): Many fans of juicing became patients of rehabilitation centers with a diagnosis of anorexia, serious symptoms of addiction and impaired health.
Fruits and vegetables contain a lot of sugar; they give energy quickly, but it is usually followed by recessions – hunger, weakness and dizziness. They are sour, so it may cause gastritis and stomach health problems. Due to the fact that the body does not receive enough fiber, the level of cholesterol jumps up and you can face constipation. There is not enough protein calcium and vitamin D in fruits and vegetables.
The insulin level jumps, so the production of collagen is violated, the skin becomes dry and premature wrinkles appear. Moreover there is a risk of diabetes development. It also can be harmful for teeth, because of sugars and acids containing in fruits.
To conclude, juicing has both advantages and disadvantages, so if you want to try it just look at your body reactions and follow all the rules.
Recommended article: 10 Simple Ways to Detox Your Body